Terms and Conditions
- Accessing our Website
- You can either access our Website as a guest or as a subscriber. As a guest you will only be able to access pages on this Website which market and promote our blog, forum, podcast and social network website directory products and services. As a subscriber you will be able to access and use our blog, forum, podcast and social network website directory products and services offered from this Website subject to you signing our SML directory subscription terms and conditions. Please contact info(at)socialmedialibrary.co.uk for further details.
- Accordingly, guests will have restricted access to parts of our Website compared to subscribers who have subscribed to our SML directory subscription terms and conditions.
- Please note that if you choose to subscribe you will be provided with a username and a password and other pieces of information as part of our rights management and security procedures. You must treat such information as confidential, and you must not disclose it to any third party. We have the right to disable any username or password if in our opinion you have failed to comply with any of the provisions of these terms or our SML directory subscription terms and conditions.
- You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our Website. You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access our Website through your internet connection are aware of these terms and our SML directory subscription terms and conditions, and that they comply with them.
- Intellectual Property
- We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property in our Website, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by trade mark, copyright and database right laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
- You must not use our Website for commercial purposes without signing our SML directory subscription terms and conditions and paying the requisite subscription fees. Please contact info(at)socialmedialibrary.co.uk for further details.
- You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our Website for your personal reference and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to material posted on our Website. You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
- Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of material on our Website must always be acknowledged.
- If you print off, copy or download any part of our Website in breach of these terms, your right to use our Website will cease immediately and you must, at our option, return or destroy any copies of the materials you have made.
- Reliance on information posted
Commentary and other materials posted on our Website are not intended to amount to advice on which reliance should be placed. We therefore disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by any visitor to our Website, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
- Our Website changes regularly
We aim to update our Website regularly, and may change the content at any time. If the need arises, we may suspend access to our Website, or close it indefinitely. Any of the material on our Website may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material.
- Our liability
The material displayed on our Website is provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy. To the extent permitted by law, we, other members of our group of companies and third parties connected to us hereby expressly exclude: (a) all conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity; (b) any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with our site or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of our site, any websites linked to it and any materials posted on it, including, without limitation any liability for: (c) loss of income or revenue; (d) loss of business; (e) loss of profits or contracts; (f) loss of anticipated savings; (g) loss of data; (h) loss of goodwill; (i) wasted management or office time; and (j) for any other loss or damage of any kind, however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable. This does not affect our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, nor our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation or misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter, nor any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
- Information about you and your visits to our Website
- Viruses, hacking and other offences
- You must not misuse our Website by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our Website, the server on which our Website is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our Website. You must not attack our Website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack.
- By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our Website will cease immediately.
- We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our Website or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
- Links from our Website
Where our Website contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. We have no control over the contents of those websites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
- Jurisdiction and Applicable Law
- Trade Marks
“SML” and “Social Media Library” (word and device) are trade marks of Firebrand Digital Limited.
We may revise these terms at any time by amending this page. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we made, as they are binding on you. Some of the provisions contained in these terms may also be superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on our Website.
- Your concerns
- If you have any concerns about material which appears on our Website or in any of our directories, please contact info(at)socialmedialibrary.co.uk.
- Thank you for visiting our Website whether as a guest or a subscriber. We hope you enjoy it.